Highlights from XDF 2019 Keynote
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 2, 2019 – XILINX DEVELOPER FORUM (XDF) AMERICAS 2019 – At XDF Americas, Xilinx President and CEO Victor Peng announced Vitis, a unified software platform that expands development capabilities for Xilinx FPGA and ACAP devices, opening up access to Xilinx technologies for a broader range of developers, including software engineers and AI scientists.
Victor also brought partners on the stage to share how they’re leveraging Xilinx’s latest solutions to enable innovations in their industries. Here are some of the highlights:
* Samsung is accelerating global 5G services with Xilinx technologies. Samsung, a long-time partner and customer of Xilinx has been using Xilinx products including Versal ACAP to transform the wireless landscape and accelerate adoption of 5G. The collaboration resulted in the world’s first deployment of 5G New Radio service in South Korea, projected to cover 93% of the country’s population by the end of the year. Samsung also leads in both mobile commercial and fixed service commercial 5G deployments in the US, and expects 5G mobile commercial deployments to begin in Japan in early 2020.
* Amazon’s Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA-based AWS F1 service is expanding to Canada, and AWS SageMaker Neo—which accelerates machine learning with no loss in accuracy—will soon be able to take advantage of integrated Xilinx solutions to run ML models on-premise via Xilinx Alveo cards, in the cloud via AWS F1, and at the edge via Xilinx embedded AI deployments.
* Microsoft announced an ongoing collaboration with Xilinx for Microsoft Azure.
* Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas is leveraging Versal ACAP technology to accelerate performance and expand capabilities for its advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) used by carmakers including Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Subaru.
* Pony.ai is using Xilinx FPGAs to enable real-time responses to environmental hazards for its Level 4 autonomous driving system, PonyPilot, and plans to use Versal ACAP to drive its next-generation advancements.
* IBM is integrating Xilinx FPGAs into the IBM PowerAI Vision software to build accurate models using images and videos without deep learning expertise, as well as working with Xilinx to integrate IBM AI Vision software with Vitis AI to build and model on an FPGA seamlessly with Vitis.
* Micron Technology is using Vitis alongside Xilinx’s flexible FPGA and ACAP technologies to reduce deployment time of new data center features from 2-3 years down to 6 months for hyperscalers.
* Keysight Labs has been testing Versal ACAP technology to develop testing equipment that can handle growing, complex demands of 5G technology customers. With Versal, Keysight finds it possible to now deliver best-in-class results, moving compute intensive functions to AI engines in just minutes versus hours, all while staying within the
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies – from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs, and the ACAP, designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent, and connected world of the future. For more information, visit xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2019 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries.
Neesham Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)1296 628180