Executives to present on computing at the Edge, real-time deterministic computing and securing the IoT at the digital trade fair and conference
Reading, UK, 11 November 2020
WHO: Lynx Software Technology, an innovator in modern platform software technologies
* Flavio Bonomi, technical advisor
* Ravi Bhagavatula, system architect
* Ian Ferguson, vice president of marketing
WHAT: Lynx will present two sessions at Electronica 2020, being held virtually due to the global pandemic. As Lynx continues its efforts to drive its safety- and security-critical software platform into new markets such as enterprise and industrial, the company will present the following sessions:
* Wednesday, Nov. 11
o 10 a.m. CET – “Edge Computing Is Here; What’s Next?”
* Deriving insights from information nearer to where the data was created is finally happening. Flavio Bonomi will discuss Edge computing use cases in manufacturing, smart cities and logistics hubs, as well as the next wave of “systems of systems” – architectures with time-sensitive networking connecting rich, highly consolidated processing resources.
o 10:40 a.m. CET – “Delivering Deterministic Real-Time Performance on Multicore Processors”
* Consolidating multiple systems onto multicore processors is an appealing path to reducing cost, power and footprint, but creates challenges in guaranteeing real-time performance due to the sharing of resources. Ravi Bhagavatula will showcase as system architecture and measured performance/jitter numbers for industrial workloads operating on general purpose hardware.
* Thursday Nov. 12
o 4:05 p.m. CET – “The Security of IoT Systems Takes the Spotlight”
* Gartner has started to postulate that in a few years’ time, laws could be made and enforced where CEOs are held liable for the (mis)operation of IoT systems that a specific company produces. While the Gartner statement is easy to say, the challenge is that IIoT systems are extremely complex. Ian Ferguson will discuss the significant strides this industry is making and will propose some predictions about how the next set of challenges around human/robot collaboration, artificial intelligence and suboptimal hardware will be addressed.
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
WHERE: Virtual Electronica 2020, www.electronica.de
About Lynx Software Technologies
Since 1988, companies have entrusted Lynx Software Technologies to deliver modern platform software technologies that accelerate the development, certification and deployment of robust, safety-critical, high-availability systems for the avionics and defence industries. The FAA has recognized our industry leadership by awarding Lynx the first and only FAA Reusable Software Component certificate for an operating system. In an increasingly connected world, the applicability of Lynx technology is broadening to specific applications in automotive, industrial IoT and IT infrastructure. Together with our growing set of technology partners, Lynx is focused on enabling a world where all autonomous systems are safe, secured and trusted.
For more information, visit www.lynx.com.
Lynx Software Technologies is a trademark and LynxOS and LYNX MOSA.ic are registered trademarks of Lynx Software Technologies, Inc. Other brand or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective holders.
Peter van der Sluijs
+44 1296 628180